Liquor Zaar's Refund Policy
This is the refund policy applicable to all Sales of Goods and Services between Liquor Zaar and buyers (“Buyers”) on the Liquor Zaar website (the “Site”).
In the event of a return within the 14 day cooling-off period, Buyer is entitled to a refund. In case of a faulty product, Buyer may be entitled to a (partial) refund. All refunds shall be processed via the Stripe payment platform.
In the event parties disagree about a refund or partial refund, either party may raise a dispute through Liquor Zaar’s Stripe payments platform at stripe.com.
4. Cooling-off Period
4.1 The Buyer is entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that the Buyer receives the Goods. In the case of a Service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
4.2 During the cooling-off period, the Buyer can change his/her mind and exercise its right of withdrawal. This means that a distance contract can be cancelled without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties, other than possible charges incurred in returning the Goods.
4.3 Upon cancellation during the cooling-off period, Liquor Zaar shall refund all payments the Buyer made, including delivery charges, within 14 days.
4.4 The Buyer must send the Goods back within 14 days of informing Liquor Zaar of the cancellation. The Buyer is required to pay for the cost of returning the Goods.
4.5 The Buyer does not have a right of withdrawal in respect of:
- services, once these have been completed, and commencement of the performance of the services was initiated with prior consent of the Buyer, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- goods that decay within a short period of time or have limited durability, for example beverages and foods;
- alcoholic drinks, of which the price has been determined at the time of sale, but that can only be delivered after 30 days, and of which the price depends on fluctuations in the market that Liquor Zaar cannot influence;
- goods sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these goods are unsealed after you receive them; and
- any goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
4.6 The terms to exercise your right of withdrawal are as follows:
- Have you bought Services? If so, you have 14 days after the day you receive the order confirmation email . However, once Liquor Zaar has completed the Services with your prior consent, you no longer have the right of withdrawal, even if the cooling-off period is still running. If you cancel after Liquor Zaar has started the Services, you must pay Liquor Zaar for the services provided up until the moment you informed Liquor Zaar that you changed your mind.
- Have you bought goods?If so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- your Goods are split into several deliveries over different days: in this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to exercise your right of withdrawal; or
- your Goods are for regular delivery over a set period: in this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the Goods.
5. Refund Policy
Notwithstanding clause 4 and any statutory rights the Buyer may be entitled to under mandatory law, the following refund and return procedures shall apply:
If the Goods or Services the Buyer has bought are faulty or mis-described:
- Goods: During the expected lifespan of the goods, the Buyer is entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days after delivery: if the goods are faulty, then the Buyer is entitled to an immediate refund;
- up to six months: if the goods cannot be repaired or replaced, then the Buyer is entitled to a full refund; and
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time the Buyer may be entitled to some money back.
- the Buyer can ask Liquor Zaar to repeat or fix a Service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or if Liquor Zaar fails to repeat or fix the Services, the Buyer is entitled to a refund;
- if the Buyer has not agreed to a price beforehand, what the Buyer is asked to pay must be reasonable; and
- if the Buyer has not agreed to a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable period of time by Liquor Zaar.
If a Buyer wants to annul the contract because of a change to the Goods or Services, to which the Buyer did not agree beforehand:
If the Buyer annuls a contract for one of the reasons set out below, the contract will end immediately and Liquor Zaar will refund the Buyer in full for any Goods or Services which have not been provided and the Buyer may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- Liquor Zaar has informed the Buyer that the Goods deviate from the purchased product on the Site which the Buyer did not agree to;
- Liquor Zaar informed the Buyer about an error in the price or description of the Goods that the Buyer ordered and the Buyer no longer wishes to proceed;
- there is a risk that the delivery of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside the Liquor Zaar’s control;
- Liquor Zaar has suspended the delivery of the Goods for technical reasons, or notifies the Buyer it is going to suspend the delivery for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 14 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something Liquor Zaar has done wrong (including late delivery).
Ending the contract where Liquor Zaar is not at fault and there is no right of withdrawal:
Even if Liquor Zaar is not at fault and you do not have a right of withdrawal, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay Liquor Zaar a certain compensation. A contract for Goods is completed when the Goods are delivered and paid for. A contract for Services is completed when Liquor Zaar has finished providing the Services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where Liquor Zaar is not at fault and you do not have a right of withdrawal, just contact Liquor Zaar. The contract will end immediately and Liquor Zaar will refund any sums paid by you for Goods or Services not provided, but Liquor Zaar may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs Liquor Zaar will incur as a result of you ending the contract.
6. How to end the contract
Tell Liquor Zaar you want to end the contract: To end the contract, please contact Liquor Zaar using the contact details provided in the relevant order confirmation.
Returning Goods after ending the contract: If you end the contract for any reason after Goods have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to Liquor Zaar within 14 days after terminating the Sale. You must either return the Goods (in person) to where you bought them, post them back to Liquor Zaar at the address set out in the relevant order confirmation (or otherwise communicated to you by Liquor Zaar) or (if the Goods are not suitable for posting) allow Liquor Zaar to collect them from you. Liquor Zaar will pay the costs of postage or collection, unless stipulated otherwise in this clause 6.
When Liquor Zaar will pay the costs of return:
- If the goods are faulty or mis-described; or
- If you are ending the contract because Liquor Zaar has informed you of an upcoming change to the Goods or, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside the Liquor Zaar’s control, or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something Liquor Zaar has done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right of withdrawal) you must pay the costs of return.
What Liquor Zaar charges for collection:
If you are responsible for the costs of return and Liquor Zaar is collecting the Goods from you, we will charge you the direct costs of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as we charges for standard delivery.
How Liquor Zaar will refund you:
All refunds will be processed via Liquor Zaar’s Stripe payments platform at stripe.com.
Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right of withdrawal:
If you are exercising your right of withdrawal:
- Liquor Zaar may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If Liquor Zaar refunds you the price paid before Liquor Zaar is able to inspect the Goods and later discovers you have handled the Goods in an unacceptable way, you must pay Liquor Zaar an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method Liquor Zaar offers. For example, if we offer delivery of Goods within, for example, 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Goods delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- In the case of a Service, Liquor Zaar may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the Service for the period for which it was supplied, ending at the date when you told us you changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
When your refund will be made:
Liquor Zaar will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right of withdrawal then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which you have exercised your right of withdrawal.
7. Summary of the buyer’s key rights
This is a summary of the Buyer’s key rights. These are subject to certain exceptions.
If the product is goods, the goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of the goods the Buyer’s legal rights entitle the Buyer to the following:
- up to 14 days: the Buyer may be entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days in which to return goods for any reason (right of withdrawal), which begins on the day that the Buyer receives the goods;
- up to 30 days: if the item is faulty, then the Buyer can get a refund;
- up to six months: if the faulty item can't be repaired or replaced, then the Buyer is entitled to a full refund; and
- up to six years: if the item can be expected to last up to six years the Buyer may be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that doesn't work, some of the Buyer’s money back.
If the product is services:
- the Buyer may be entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days in which to which to cancel services for any reason (right of withdrawal), which begins on the day that the contract for distance selling was concluded;
- the Buyer can ask Liquor Zaar to repeat or fix a Service if it is not carried out with reasonable care and skill, if Liquor Zaar fails to repeat or fix the Services, the Buyer is entitled to a refund;
- if the Buyer has not agreed a price upfront, what the Buyer is asked to pay must be reasonable; and
- if the Buyer has not agreed a time upfront, the services must be carried out within a reasonable time.
8. Changes to our Refund Policy
Any changes we may make to our Refund Policy in the future will be posted on this page and a notice will be send to all registered users and be made on the Site. A Buyer’s continued use of the Site after any such changes have been made, will be deemed to constitute such Buyer’s acceptance of our Refund Policy, as revised. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Refund Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Refund Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Download Refund Policy
Last update: May 2019
You can download the current Refund Policy showed in this plage by clicking on the link: